I have been doing a lot of UI work on the Windmill trunk, and over the past few months I have had multiple requests for the ability to apply skins. Of course my reaction up until this point has been… alter the CSS! Which is not exactly the answer people were looking for.
Here is your answer, and it is now easier than ever.
1. Go to: http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/ and create your theme (or pick a pre-defined one)
2. Download and unzip the file. (it doesn’t matter what you select for jQuery components)
– On a mac you will find something like this: jquery-ui-1.7.1.custom.zip Folder
3. Open the contained CSS folder there will be another folder, currently windmill uses “smoothness”
4. Find windmill/html/css folder in the windmill source directory
5. Copy the specified folder in step 3 into this folder
6. Edit windmill/html/remote.html, line 10 to read like the following:
|1||<link type=”text/css” href=”css/*your folder name*/jquery-ui-1.7.1.custom.css” rel=”stylesheet” />|
7. Load windmill!!
Here are a couple examples of pre-defined themes I tested out.